|Assoc.Prof.:|| Charles University in Prague, 2004 (in Czech: Doc.)|
|Ph.D.:|| Charles University in Prague, 1997 (in Czech: Dr.)|
|M.S.:|| Technical University in Brno 1990 (in Czech: Ing.)|
Petr Sosík is an associate professor of computer science at the Institute of Computer Science, Faculty of Philosophy and Science, Silesian University in Opava, Czech Republic. He acts also as the head of Research institute of the Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations at the same university. His professional experience includes research stays at Canadian and European universities, as well as commercial software projects at the beginning of his career. He co-authored several chapters in prominent monographs in the areas of natural computing and biocomputing (The Oxford Handbook of Membrane Computing, OUP, and the Handbook of Natural Computing, Springer, to name a few). He published over 70 papers in the research areas of formal languages and applications, discrete mathematics, molecular and natural computing, and bioinformatics. He also worked as a member of Pogramme or Steering Committee of many international conferences, in some cases as a PC and/or OC chair/co-chair. Between 2012-2016 he acted as a member and co-chair of the evaluating panel P202 (Computer Science) of the Czech Science Foundation.
List of journal and conference publications on Publons
- IMCS – International Membrane Computing Society, Theoretical Result of the Year 2017
(Generalized P colonies with passive environment, with L. Cienciala, L. Ciencialová)
- CMC 2012, Budapest, Hungary, Best Paper Award
(Limits of the Power of Tissue P Systems with Cell Division)
- CIAA 2004, Kingston, Canada, Best Paper Award
(Substitutions, trajectories and noisy channels, with L. Kari and S. Konstantinidis)
- DNA 10, Milano 2004, Best Evaluated Paper
(Bond-free languages: formalizations, maximality and construction methods,
with L. Kari and S. Konstantinidis)
- DLT 5, Developments in Language Theory, 5th Int. Conf., Vienna 2001, Second P Prize
(String rewriting sequential P-systems and regulated rewriting, with R. Freund)
- ISSC'89, International Students Scientific Contest, Košice, 1989, Slovakia First Prize
|Invited conference talks:
- M Systems: a Platform for Computational Morphogenesis
Membrane Computing, CMC'2019, Curtea de Arges, Romania, 2019.
- DNA Computing versus Formal Language Theory
MELA, Telč, Czech Republic, 2013.
- Computational Complexity Foundations of Membrane Computing.
Membrane Computing, CMC'2013, Chisinau, Moldova, 2013.
- Membrane and Cellular Computing: Theory and Practice.
ISCAMI'2012, Malenovice, Czech Republic, 2012.
- P Systems for modelling bacterial logic based on conjugation.
Int. Conf. on Developments in Membrane Computing (ICDMS) 2012, Sevilla, Spain.
- On evolutionary lineages of membrane systems.
Workshop on Membrane Computing (WMC) 2005, Vienna, Austria.
- On the Construction and Properties of Bond-Free DNA Languages.
Fall Eastern Meeting of American Math. Society, Binghamton, USA, 2003.